How Angel Gowns – For Australian Babies Inc. started….
My name is Sarah McVeigh, I am a mumma of 3 premmie babies and have suffered miscarriages. After having my son at 27 weeks and enduring the long hard road in NICU, I saw how this service was needed and after seeing a beautiful advertisement about a lovely group of ladies in the USA I contacted Michelle who I found on Facebook and asked her if she didn't mind me continuing their beautiful work here in Australia; she was full of support, sent me patterns and I started to spread the word here in Australia.
Hundreds of beautiful women all over Australia have donated their stunning wedding dresses to be transformed into Angel Gowns.
On average, a single wedding dress can make between 12 and 30 Angel Gowns for Angel Babies in Australian Hospitals. Some of the more voluminous designs can provide up to 100 little gowns!
The more the word is spread the more wedding dress donations.....The more dresses donated...The more dresses can be transformed into Angel Gowns for those Angel Babies who have grown their wings.
If you would like to donate your wedding dress and follow its transformation on my Facebook page please fill out the Wedding Dress Donation form and I will get some more information off to you xx
See the link to my facebook page below
Registered Charity and Incorporated Association
With effect 22nd October, 2014:
- we are a registered charity with the ACNC
ABN: 13 719 487 071
- we are an Incorporated Association in New South Wales under Associations Incorporation Act 2009
Association Name: ANGEL GOWNS FOR AUSTRALIAN ANGEL BABIES INCORPORATED
Incorporation No.: INC1401448
- we are endorsed by the Australian Tax Office for charity tax concessions
With effect 22 April 2015:
- we are endorsed by the Australian Tax Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient
Angel Gowns for Australian Angel Babies Inc. is a not for profit volunteer service who provide bereaved families with Angel Gown Packages free of charge. Beautiful ladies and gentlemen from our community donate their wedding dresses and attire with love which are then transformed with love and donated to hospitals and funeral homes all over Australia.
Angel Gowns for Australian Angel Babies Inc. promotes a positive, volunteering experience. To provide parents with the opportunity, to dress their loved ones in a specially crafted outfit for their final journey giving every precious child the angel status they deserve, by means of a gown and attire to make their final day as special as every parent wishes for their little angel.
Angel Gowns for Australian Angel Babies Inc. aims to provide an ongoing, quality volunteer based service that meets the needs of all volunteers involved. We would like to see our service available to all hospitals and funeral homes Australia wide.
- We believe volunteering complements, but is not a substitute for paid work
- We are committed to recognizing and encouraging the creative and individual talents of our volunteers
- To provide a dignified and respectful service to bereaved Australian Families free of charge by ensuring hospitals and facilities are adequately supplied with accessible garments
- To ensure the generosity of the Australian community is represented in the production of premium gowns production for Australian public use
- We are committed to the development of professional standards of service, which recognise the importance of effective management which supports voluntary effort
- To respect the decisions made by the board and honor these decisions